July 26, 2010

At least one of us had fun....

The past couple weeks it has been too hot to do anything but a quick walk. Today it actually cooled down to the upper 80's so you don't feel like you are going through jello (although that sounds good about now!) To celebrate Riley and I went on a Rollerblade ride. When I ride with Riley, I usually have him on a leash, and that's how we started off today.

As we go I look around and there are no bikers, no other people. I'm thinking "great! we have the whole trail!" I let Riley off leash and off we go...... SCREECH, THUD.....
Not 30 seconds after I get going, I fall! I've never fallen before! You would think without the leash in hand it would give me more stability.... Nope. Maybe I've adapted my skating to accommodate holding the leash, I don't know.
-Riley running next to me, while I Rollerblade. No this is not when I fall-

Now this is why I love Riley. After I kinda startle him with my fall ( I fell towards him) he immediately stops and comes to me as if to say "Mom, you ok? You aren't suppose to be on the ground. You ok?" I love my little stinker! I assure him I'm fine and get him some water as I use my water to wash off my knee and shoulder. Then in true Riley fashion he heads to a mud puddle, since mom is fine why not have some fun LOL.


So as he plays in the mud, I sit on the ground have a mini pity party, then decided I'm not going to let a fall ruin our ride. So snap some pictures, pick myself up and continue our way :)

So now Riley is a happy, tired pup, while I sit with antibiotic cream and ice on my knee and shoulder :(
At least one of us had fun.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment