November 24, 2011

A Day of Many Thanks



Happy Thanksgiving!


  Today I have a lot to be thankful for!

My wonderful husband, who is always there for me, through thick and thin.
Two awesome dogs, who can make me smile no matter how bad my day is.
The privilege to buy our first home. (by the way, we close on Tuesday!)
Great family, who support and love us.
and Amazing friends, who are always there.

I truly took a step back today, and reflected on all the blessings in my life. Sometimes, in the day to day life, I can lose sight of all the good things and dwell on the negative. Why I allow the negative things to impact me so, I don't know. I spend way too much energy stressing over the bad. I really need to change that. I found a quote that I really should hang on my mirror, where I can see it everyday.

"There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all life is too short to be anything but happy."

So, from today onward I am going to honestly try harder to be thankful and focus on all the good things/people that surround me! And remember that I am truly blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


1 comment:

  1. That's a great quote...words to live by for sure!
    Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete