It's Thursday! Time to play Tell me Thursday over at Crooks and Crazies!
1. What five things can't you live without?
-Family and Friends
2. How do you transport your dogs? This question suggested by several peeps, including Mara.
My trusty Corolla :) Now, I know it isn't a lot of room, but it works. Better then having us and the dogs in my husband's standard cab truck LOL! But my next car will be something like a Chevy Traverse, with plenty of room in the back for crates.
3. What role does obedience play in your training or running of your dog(s)?
I guess obedience plays a significant part when I run Riley and work with Grace. I mean Riley has to follow my direction in agility or we go the wrong way, and with Grace in Rally that's all it is. I always try my best to make it fun and like a game, so they are willing to do what I ask of them. It is always fun to teach then the funny tricks too, like play dead, roll over... :) hehe
4. At what point do you start putting commands on your dogs?
Well, when I am teaching them something new (tricks or obedience), I usually start with treats and wait, (sometimes helping by luring) then treat when they do something I like. Then when they start getting the idea, I start adding the command, until there is no more luring and just a command and/or hand signal.
5. Do you talk to strangers in elevators? Question posted by Laura #1
Ummm... No. I might do the awkward smile and "hi". But I keep to myself. Now that I think about it, mostly I try to take the stairs, haha, if it's only a few flights. No need to be awkward! Exercise! LOL